Signup Now
Since 2003 IntegrationPros has been the social network for professionals in the systems integration and custom installation industry... if that's you, get started by creating an account.

Articles

Categories

Search Articles

Articles

by 2ndRick Published on 09-23-2005 09:18 PM
OK, the PDP poll and thread was an eye-opener... Now I am looking for some feedback on which LCDs are good, and which are the biggest PITAs on the market. Once again, I am not necessarily looking for remarks on the picture quality or the cosmetics. I am seeking the units that have discrete power, discrete input comands, and aspect controls if the unit is widescreen (please note this in your remarks if you are referring to the 4:3 or 16:9 models) If anyone has specific succeses or nightmarish experiences, this is the time and place to share. I am not including the Wal-Mart/Target/CostCo brands like Vizio, Mintek, Axion, Olevia, etc. as we all know these are probably 2-3 generations old closeout panels from someone else in a new bezel.
by lowvoltguy Published on 09-19-2005 10:49 PM
We just installed one of these today ... It was a replacement for a VSX-54TXi that was having surround processing problems with a HD cable box ... Pioneer ate the difference in cost ... No more problems with the HD cable box ... New features include HDMI switching, XM ready and I-Pod 2 way interface ... Very slick new piece ... Thumbs up ... Although I haven't teamed it up with Crestron control yet, so we'll have to see how that goes ...
by Kelly Published on 09-02-2005 10:35 PM
Just finishing up on an install that includes these two products, and thought I'd pass along my opinions of both.... The B-G Speakers? Connected to a Newcastle P965/A965 sound nothing short of fantastic....Smooth, is the best way to describe them. Nothing harsh, nothing raspy, just great sounds..... ....I'm impressed with the product....
by 2ndRick Published on 08-28-2005 03:12 PM
For this exercise, I am NOT particularly interested in picture quality, IR, calibration ease, etc... If there is a brand that has been forgotten, feel free to write in your candidate and review their performance. The real reson I wanted to do this was to identify the manufacturers that have taken the time to include an easy protocal that covers the bases (on/off, inputs, aspect modes, etc.) as far as day-to-day operation in a residential setting. PLEASE put some teeth into this. If a particular manufacturer does well, give them props. If a particular manufacturer has put together a bonehead system, give them hell. Thanks in advance for the participation,
Page 76 of 77 FirstFirst ... 266674757677 LastLast

Article Display Options

Use this control to limit the display of threads to those newer than the specified time frame.

Allows you to choose the data by which the thread list will be sorted.

Order articles in...

Note: when sorting by date, 'descending order' will show the newest results first.

Article Forum v4.1.2 Copyright by BananaLive
Advertise With Us?