Since 2003 IntegrationPros has been the social network for professionals in the systems integration and custom installation industry... if that's you, get started by creating an account.

G Miller Designs

Articles - Product Reviews (PUBLIC)

Categories

Product Reviews (PUBLIC)

Search Articles

Articles - Product Reviews (PUBLIC)

by PMuto Published on 11-16-2020 11:40 AM
Meet the 8600eC, the New Center Channel Speaker for Atlantic Technology’s Flagship 8600 Home Theater System Ultra-high performance center channel speaker is for uncompromising large-room surround sound systems Browse 8600eC pictures here: https://bit.ly/35BaBKX Norwood, MA – November 16, 2020 – Atlantic Technology has brought to market a monster of a center channel speaker that is going to make home theater enthusiast’s jaws drop. The 8600eC is a biggie – measuring roughly 38 x 14 x 15 inches, and packing a massive D’Appolito/M-T-M array consisting of four 6.5-inch fiberglass woofers with two 5.25-inch fiberglass mid-drivers and an advanced 1-inch aluminum/magnesium dome tweeter internally isolated within their own airtight sub-enclosure. This speaker was just reviewed by Everything Audio Network which awarded the 8600 system with its Stellar Sound Award and Multichannel System of the Year Award: http://everythingaudionetwork.blogspot.com/2020/11/home-theater-speaker-review-premium.html Like the company’s new flagship 8600eLR towers, the speaker incorporates a 4th order Butterworth asymmetrical time-aligned Linkwitz-Riley crossover with bi-wire inputs. Finish options match the towers and come in high-gloss lacquered Makassar Ebony or luxurious Gloss Piano Black and hailed a Best of 2019 CEDIA Expo by AVS Forum. Shipping now, the 8600eC carries an MSRP of $2,300 - a tremendous value for such a high-performance system.
by Gary Published on 08-25-2014 03:28 PM
This will be the first in a series of reviews from a integration point of view. Since I have true blue blood running through my veins, Crestron will be the control system of choice for these reviews. I think we all know there are only two kinds of integrators, those that use Crestron and those that wish they did;) Okay, I'm kidding here of course (just a little) anyone that wants to write reviews using their favorite control system please PM me. Almost everyone involved in the residential side of integration has been looking for a Sonos like product that can be controlled from a third party control system. Well with the NuVo may be just have what the doctor ordered. The NuVo system is easily scalable (although, if I understand correctly, you are limited to 16 zones). This system offers two options for amplified streamers: the P100, and the P200. The P100 has a 2x20 amplifier, one line in, one line out, and a USB port for attached music storage. The P200 offers all of these features, but has a 2x60 amplifier, and Bluetooth capabilities. Both units can utilize either hardwired Ethernet or WiFi (if using WiFi you will need the GW100 gateway, which creates a private WiFi network). This review is for the P100. I first set it up on my test bench using a pair of SnapAV AW-5s. Once I downloaded the app to my iPad (available for Android devices as well), the setup was very straight forward. The app walks you through a combination of button presses on the unit (this will seem familiar to anyone that has installed a Sonos). Once your players are added you can setup streaming services and local music shares. Streaming services are limited to Pandora, TuneIn, Rhapsody, and SiriusXM. This is certainly the one area where Sonos is ahead. I would expect to see Spotify on a device like this. Network music shares can also be added and music sharing software is available for download from the NuVo site for Windows and Macs. I downloaded the software and linked it to my...
by Gary Published on 05-08-2014 03:22 PM
So I did my first Crestron connected receiver and I'm pretty impressed. All of the issues I had revolved around getting everything setup. The setup instructions walk you through getting the receiver into installer setup mode. To do this there is a combination of buttons you press while the receiver is off. The instructions lead you to believe that this will bring up the installer menu, it does not. It turns the receiver on and when you press the setup button on the remote the Crestron setup option is in the menu. On the next power cycle the setup menu goes back to normal. This took me more time than I care to admit to figure out out, so hopefully this saves you guys some time. Setting the unit up is just like any other Crestron network device, the unit gets an IP ID and you enter the IP address of the processor. For some reason I couldn't get the receiver to communicate with the processor until I gave it (the receiver) a fixed IP address even though it showed online. YMMV From a programing stand point it's just like the SWAMP or C2N-AMP-4x100.
by PAAI Published on 11-21-2013 11:30 AM
http://www.parts-express.com/dayton-audio-imm-6-calibrated-measurement-microphone-for-iphone-ipad-tablet-and-android--390-810?utm_source=Retail&utm_medium=Email_Newsletter&utm_content=390-810&utm_campaign=email112113 Just got this in an email. Anyone use one of these?
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Article Display Options

Use this control to limit the display of threads to those newer than the specified time frame.

Allows you to choose the data by which the thread list will be sorted.

Order articles in...

Note: when sorting by date, 'descending order' will show the newest results first.

Article Forum v4.1.2 Copyright by BananaLive
Advertise With Us?