Since 2003 IntegrationPros has been the social network for professionals in the systems integration and custom installation industry... if that's you, get started by creating an account.

IP Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Theaterworks

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Flip down plasma mechanisms?

I've had a request for my first. Anyone had a ringing recommendation, or a warning for something to stay away from?

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 62/7
    Given: 2/0

Re: Flip down plasma mechanisms?

Sweet! I want to do one!

The only automated one we did was with an Auton lift in a custom cabinet. And it went nearly as smooth as butter. But a flip down would be coooool. Post pics during and after.

Sr. Professional Installer
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0

owen ... i have never done one but my concern is that the glass in the up position would be flat, this may cause warping of the plasma housing or some kind of funky issue.... i would do one up aand down if i had the choice.

auton makes a flip i think and maybe cheif... i know someone sent me something and i shit canned it as it was impracticle based on my paranoia

but hey who am i... if you can get it done post a picture and i'll tell you, you did a great job

ed
    Ed will be known as the Tiger Woods of the integration business, followed closely with the renaming of his company to "Hotties A/V". The tag line will be "We like big racks and tight holes" 聘请亲

Theaterworks

Quote Originally Posted by ceied
    owen ... i have never done one but my concern is that the glass in the up position would be flat, this may cause warping of the plasma housing or some kind of funky issue.... i would do one up aand down if i had the choice.

auton makes a flip i think and maybe cheif... i know someone sent me something and i shit canned it as it was impracticle based on my paranoia

but hey who am i... if you can get it done post a picture and i'll tell you, you did a great job

ed
    Auton has one on their web site, and I didn't see one on Chief's. I may wait till CEDIA on this one.

No room for a traditional lift; the apartment is the 52nd floor of a downtown condo high rise, and the ceiling is the concrete deck for the floor above.

Sr. Professional Installer
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 177/3

Quote Originally Posted by Brad
    There will not be any problems mounting the plasma in a horizontal state. You just wouldn't want to ship one like that, the shipper could get to rough with the package and cause an issue.
    Auton would also be my recommendation.
    The plasma fill port is exposed in the horizontal position only making the potential for leaks and carpet or hardwood damage an acute liability issue.

=Tom

"Just what part of 'thou shalt not kill, thou shalt not steal, thou shalt not lie' don't you like??"

Junior Member Take it easy on me, I'm new here
    Thumbs Up/Down

I have also recently been asked for my 1st of these. I was looking into the chief pcl model vs the auton and inca models. has anyone here used the chief pcl and have any comments on operation, noise, and reliability?

thanks

Junior Member Take it easy on me, I'm new here
    Thumbs Up/Down

Look at Display Devices, I have used them for years and they are very reliable. Also they come with RS232 for control. So you are not using a relay port.
    Check out this link.
    http://www.displaydevices.com/produc...000/index.html

Loyal Senior Member

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 16/4
    Given: 1/0

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by tomciara
    The plasma fill port is exposed in the horizontal position only making the potential for leaks and carpet or hardwood damage an acute liability issue.

hahahahahahahahaha

Tom, you sound like you work at Best Buy!

Theaterworks

I've left three messages for a sales rep at Auton to call me back over the last three days, with no luck yet. Pretty uninspiring. I hope their tech support department is better, but I'm guessing not.

The Chief PCL is a lift, not a flip-down.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information