Since 2003 IntegrationPros has been the social network for professionals in the systems integration and custom installation industry... if that's you, get started by creating an account.

1. Join Date
    Jan 2005

Jump to Comments

LeGrand buys Middle Atlantic

8 Comments by Greg_C Published on 05-23-2011 01:28 PM
    http://www.cepro.com/article/legrand..._medium=module

Please don't let them screw it up!

2. Total Comments 8

Comments

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 2/0
    Given: 10/0

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: LeGrand buys MA

Am i the only one that thinks this is a bad move for MA.

I can see it now - "all P&S racks will be made using unbreakable plastic"

Sr. Professional Installer
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 13/1
    Given: 4/0

greg you beat me to it...I was a bit dumbfounded on that one
    Got it! Dan1 Black Belt @ 8 years of age

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 2/0
    Given: 1/0

Shocked is a good word. I just got to tour the factory and it's the last thing I was expecting.
    My short term memory is not as sharp as it used to be. Also, my short term memory's not as sharp as it used to be.

Fully Magnetized

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 46/7
    Given: 275/5

I hope that it works out well.

The team at Middle Atlantic includes some of my favorite people in this industry, and I hope that this influx in cash provides some opportunities that may not have been realized as a private company.
    Rick Murphy
    Tandem Marketing - Michigan
    248-376-8315 cell/text

Administrator

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 107/6
    Given: 72/3

Got this email this afternoon.

Middle Atlantic Products to Join Legrand, North America
    The combination of these two companies would enable a more complete offering of infrastructure solutions from one source.
    We want you to hear it - directly from us - that we have announced an agreement to join Legrand, North America to form an infrastructure company like no other. The completion of the transaction is anticipated for mid-June and is subject to the satisfaction of certain requirements, including regulatory approval.

For the near future, working with us will be exactly as it is today. We will continue to serve you with the outstanding products, availability and service that you love, just as we always have. Sales staff, account numbers, invoice and return procedures, literature, Customer Service and telephone contact hours - all these, and many more, will also remain unchanged.

Bob Schluter, founder of Middle Atlantic, has this message for customers: "Your ultimate success is, has been, and will continue to be our primary focus. You rely on us every day to develop and deliver exceptional products and service. Legrand shares this ideal, and shares our vision of continuing market excellence. I'm excited about the possibilities and the coming benefits to the entire industry."

Although Bob would no longer own Middle Atlantic, he would remain involved in both product development and manufacturing technologies - while sharing his expertise among other business units in the company.

According to Mike Baker, President of Middle Atlantic, "Going forward, Middle Atlantic customers would benefit from expanded product offerings, access to enhanced specification services and tools, and more complete AV infrastructure solutions. Legrand brings a breadth of expertise and capabilities that would help us take our offerings to a new level."

Once the transaction is completed, Middle Atlantic would operate as a new business unit within Legrand and would remain focused on providing innovative products and an exceptional customer experience.

John Selldorff is the President and Chief Executive Officer of Legrand, North America. "The complementary strengths of these businesses, and the fit of the product offerings is unmatched by any other high-quality supplier. The combined leadership team is looking forward to making a real difference to the installation community, and the entire market, now and for the future."

Thank you for your continuing business - we will keep on earning it every day, and we will keep you posted as this exciting new phase moves forward. If you have questions, please direct them to your Sales contact, or send them to:

MAP-Evolution@MiddleAtlantic.com
    Official Bail Bondsman of Integration Pros
    CEDIA Designer CAT Team Member

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 71/0
    Given: 11/0

Look for upcoming price increases to counter slow sales caused by a down economy
    Why didn't I listen to the wisdom of Al Bundy?

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 62/0
    Given: 5/4

I don't see how they could raise prices, the low end is swamped with cheap racks and those vendors are starting to move upmarket in features with little incremental costs.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 71/0
    Given: 11/0

Quote Originally Posted by jberger View Post
    I don't see how they could raise prices, the low end is swamped with cheap racks and those vendors are starting to move upmarket in features with little incremental costs.
    You arent a Vantage dealer are you? I think they had 3 increases last year.
    Why didn't I listen to the wisdom of Al Bundy?

Thread Information