Okay folks, looking for some help here,

Boss saw a demo about a year or so ago at a dealer in NYC of the Panasonic KX-NT400 Phone (Large color touchscreen display) viewing camera images. He was positive that this demo showed an image from an Axis IP camera or encoder.

Fast forward to now - I did some research and could find nothing indicating that it would support an Axis camera, but also nothing in the documentation indicating that it would not - setup supports Motion JPEG or MPEG-4 RTSP based on the parameters.

Got the phone switch and handsets in and am attempting to make this work (I have both Arecont and AXIS cameras for testing purposes). Pointing to the Arecont results in a black screen with no messages, while the Axis results in a connection failed - retry? message. I almost believe the Arecont is closer to working.

After working on this for the morning, I decided to call up the engineers at Panasonic, only to be told that it is only compatible with the BB/BL series of Panasonic IP cameras which are being discontinued. I asked if information was noted in any of the documentation? - Their response was "I don't know, but we tell you at our on-site trainings for phone systems." - Never mind that you no longer do on-site training for Panasonic phones - now it's all online!

So, I then went to Axis to see what their engineering can tell me - they have no record of this combo ever being used, but I did get the engineer to look at what might be special about the BB/BL line of Panasonic cameras at which point he says "Ah-hah" they use the older chipset which had a different command structure.

He goes on to tell me that any of the current Axis pieces that begin with a letter will not have this chipset and won't support the older command protocols.

So now we get to the heart of things -----

I'm looking for anyone who's ever put a non-Panasonic camera on a KX-NT400 phone for display.
I am also looking for anyone with an older encoder like the Axis 241 line that I might be able to borrow/buy and use for testing to see if this is really the catch.

Hoping one of my IP friends can help me out.

Thanks,

Brad - PM me if you have info or product.