Since 2003 IntegrationPros has been the social network for professionals in the systems integration and custom installation industry... if that's you, get started by creating an account.

IP Ads

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: PS3 integration

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: PS3 integration

Thanks very much for all the input! I was hoping I wasn't missing anything. I assumed there would have to be some set-up menu for the audio... and from I hear here that's the case. Looks like I'll proceed as planned. Shame on me... the client bough the PS3 about two weeks ago, so I had to do a change order on the integration. I should have brought it home and played it and investigated it more closely!
    Thanks,

Darren (Help me baby Jesus!) Mortensen
    Cinema At Home, L.L.C.
    www.cinemaathome.biz

"You can lead a horse to water, but can't make him drink... But you can sure drown 'em!"

Thumbs Up/Down

Darren, FYI the PS3 may need an firmware update. I did one when they first came out and it took at least 30 minutes to download and install.

Sr. Professional Installer
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 82/4
    Given: 42/1

Quote Originally Posted by fasteddielv
    Darren, FYI the PS3 may need an firmware update. I did one when they first came out and it took at least 30 minutes to download and install.
    Yeah, but I discovered a cool thing yesterday putting one in for somebody... I put in a new game they got (Sonic Hedgehog or something), and IT recognized the PS3 software needed updating and did it from the disc! Pretty fast and nice that it's embedded in game discs.
    Michael Hall
    Whole House Digital

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by whdigital
    Yeah, but I discovered a cool thing yesterday putting one in for somebody... I put in a new game they got (Sonic Hedgehog or something), and IT recognized the PS3 software needed updating and did it from the disc! Pretty fast and nice that it's embedded in game discs.
    That is cool, but I dout it's the latest firmware update.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 82/4
    Given: 42/1

Well, it took the units 'software' from 1.10 to 1.3x (can't remember exactly), and got HDMI and Toslink to work correctly. Unit was NOT hooked to the internet at all. You tell me....
    Michael Hall
    Whole House Digital

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by whdigital
    Well, it took the units 'software' from 1.10 to 1.3x (can't remember exactly), and got HDMI and Toslink to work correctly. Unit was NOT hooked to the internet at all. You tell me....

Don't know what the latest ver. is. I haven't install one since Jan. but it was ver 1.3 I think.

Just consider the lag time between latest firmware copied to a game disc, then sits on selves for ???. It's not a reliable way to get the latest firmware. The firmware on gamming disc are most likely required to play the game and that's why they produce the disc with the firmware.

Junior Member Take it easy on me, I'm new here
    Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by Darren
    Just found out the PS3 is wireless via Bluetooth-also found the PS2 Remote Control work around with USB dongle, etc... but has very limited applications according to a thread at RC.
    So How did it go?
    And where do you get that "USB Dongle thing. and how dose it or did it work?

Life's loud and ...I think I'm going deaf....So Crank it up!

Junior Member Take it easy on me, I'm new here
    Thumbs Up/Down

I have used the ir4ps3. It is the guts of a PS3 remote with a IR sensor on it. It is cheap, about $70, and easy to come by, just e-mail ir4ps3 at hotmail dot com , and he will send you one after getting your paypal money. The control is very quick and consistent. I have one in my house and have been amazed at its performance. I know I sound like a commercial but it works, and because it uses the PS3 remote as its blue-tooth interface Sony will never be able to firmware it away, like it has with other IR to blue-tooth solutions.

Take it easy on me, I'm new here
    Thumbs Up/Down

There are a number of IR to bluetooth devices out there sepcifically made for the PS3, but most of them don't support the power button. Do a search for PS3 IR to BT and you'll find a lot of them, just do your homework or you'll be explaining to the customer that, "Yes Mr. Customer, you push this button and everything will turn on, er, but then you have to get up and physically turn on the PS3." I know it won't sound like that oer se, but you get my drift. I hate telling customers it works like this but... Just get confusing. Also, the latest firmware for the PS3 is 2.7. Everytime they upgrade the firmware, there is almost always some sort of BlueRay update included so you want to ensure that the customer knows this and stays on top of the updates. And one more thing, as for the audio out, like already stated, when you set up for HDMI the PS3 usually will change your audio settings to HDMI. All you have to do is go into your audio settings and change that to Digital Optical. Its that simple. If you have anymore questions, fell free to let me know, I love the PS3!!!!

Thumbs Up/Down
    Given: 9/0

Quote Originally Posted by EclipseHA
    There are a number of IR to bluetooth devices out there sepcifically made for the PS3, but most of them don't support the power button. Do a search for PS3 IR to BT and you'll find a lot of them, just do your homework or you'll be explaining to the customer that, "Yes Mr. Customer, you push this button and everything will turn on, er, but then you have to get up and physically turn on the PS3." I know it won't sound like that oer se, but you get my drift. I hate telling customers it works like this but... Just get confusing. Also, the latest firmware for the PS3 is 2.7. Everytime they upgrade the firmware, there is almost always some sort of BlueRay update included so you want to ensure that the customer knows this and stays on top of the updates. And one more thing, as for the audio out, like already stated, when you set up for HDMI the PS3 usually will change your audio settings to HDMI. All you have to do is go into your audio settings and change that to Digital Optical. Its that simple. If you have anymore questions, fell free to let me know, I love the PS3!!!!
    good info - I see you are new so just be aware of how old a thread is before you bring it back to life. nothing wrong with bringing it back to life to add something new but new guys have a tendency to miss the fact that a thread is a year old.
    "Pretty simple... you're both wrong and both acting like children... for christ sake just shut up, both of you."

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information