Since 2003 IntegrationPros has been the social network for professionals in the systems integration and custom installation industry... if that's you, get started by creating an account.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 16/1
    Given: 3/0

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Frame TV on a wall arm

Time to pick TVs for a project and the interior decorator is pushing for a Samsung frame tv in the breakfast room. Tv will be a 65 and I agree it will look better than a a regular tv on a wall arm. Problem is the client wants to be able to pull the TV out slightly to angle toward the kitchen area. For those that have done frame TVs....

1) does the magnetic trim pop off when you pull the tv out?

2) I’d like to use an in wall arm but only have a 12inch wide stud bay. Any vendors out there with a solution that fits in a wall space less than 14 inches?

3) any vendors make a simple hinged bracket that would give me 30 or so degrees of swing? I built one about 15 years ago for a Sony PFM32 out of 1/8” steel and a piano hinge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sr. Professional Installer

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 86/1
    Given: 29/0

Re: Frame TV on a wall arm

I'm planning a similar install, but I have 14" stud width, so a little less challenging. The base color frame does not come off. The snap on accessory frames do pop off easily, but there should be a reasonable ability to grab the TV from behind when repositioning. The frames only wrap the front and sides, so the rear is just base TV material. I want to say the accessory frames come with a set of screws for the bottom horizontal piece, but I've never used them because everything up to this point has been a flush mounted install.
    Too dumb for opera, too smart for NASCAR.

Sr. Professional Installer
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 46/2
    Given: 200/1

Re: Frame TV on a wall arm

Did you ever get these questions answered?
    “The entrepreneur builds an enterprise; the technician builds a job.” Michael Gerber

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.” Thomas Edison

Thread Information