Unveiled at Expo will be the next generation Mobius (i-Series) sound panels featuring the new Excelsior exciter which brings improvements in mid-range and high frequency performance. Also new is the EDGE i-Series which marks advancements in both performance and dry-wall installation.

Huntingdon, UK - September 5, 2019 -
This year Amina Technologies, “The Original Invisible Speaker Company”, celebrates 20-years as an innovator and manufacturer. At CEDIA Expo ( booth #2148 ) the company will demonstrate its new Mobius-i and EDGE-i Series which improve sound and installation processes.

Founded in 1999 by Managing Director Richard Newlove, Amina specializes in invisible loudspeaker technologies that once installed in the wall or ceiling and finished with a skim coat, wallpaper or veneer become completely naked to the eye. The culmination of two decades of research and development, Amina’s sound panels are sophisticated and unique, comprised of aluminium honeycomb or composite soundboards with integrated exciters (transducers) that come together to radiate detailed and full-bodied sound, making them ideal for even demanding stereo, distributed audio and home theater applications.

Amina offers twelve invisible sound solutions across its Mobius-i, EDGE-i, iQ Developer, Lifestyle (70 volt) and ALF (low frequency enhancer) series. Also available are high pass filters (limiters) and backboxes. All the products are engineered and hand-built by Amina at its Huntingdon, UK (Great Britain) workshop.

Introducing Mobius-i and EDGE-i Series

Mobius i-Series: Sound Panels Designed for Plaster or Special Custom Finishes

On the market since 2016, Amina’s flagship Mobius Series provides the greatest flexibility for interior design integration / installation of any invisible speaker. The sound panels are engineered to work behind a range of covering materials such as wet plaster skim (2mm), stucco, wood, leather, natural or man-made veneers and laminates. Incorporated are Amina’s OptiDampingTM, OptiDriveTM and Reduced-Resonance Exciter technologies, delivering incredible high frequency performance across the entire spectrum of listening positions.

At Expo, Amina will unveil its newest version called Mobius-i, which improves upon the popular series by implementation of the second-generation Excelsior class high frequency driver integrated into honeycomb aluminum soundboards. This delivers a significant 6dB boost in mid-range sensitivity, an extended lower frequency and increased smoothness and extension in the high frequencies to above 30KHz. Two models are available, the mid-priced Mobius5i at $1,100 US MSRP per speaker and Mobius7i $1,600 MSRP US per speaker.

EDGE i-Series: Sound Panels Designed for Easy Drywall Installs with Paint or Thin Veneer Finishes
In response to dealer requests, the EDGE i-Series represents a completely new approach for drywall application. The speaker panel gets installed by replacing a small section of plasterboard / drywall, attached only to the wall, not the studwork, therefore no special framing is required. Once filled, taped, feathered and painted, it becomes fully invisible. It can also be installed as a post-plaster retrofit product.

The EDGE-i speakers utilize a proprietary composite sound panel that allows for easy drywall installation with superior sound quality. Incorporated are Amina’s OptiDampingTM, OptiDriveTM and Reduced-Resonance Exciter technologies plus the company’s new ToneRelief TM Technology. All come together to deliver smooth low frequency extension with increased power handling and a ground-breaking sensitivity of 90dB @ 1 Watt/1 Meter including finish. The result is dynamic, engaging listening experiences unimagined from simple installation products. Three models are available, the EDGE3i ($600), EDGE5i ($1,000) and EDGE7i ($1,500). (Pricing depicted is MSRP per speaker, in US dollars.)

All the Mobius-i and EDGE-i series sound panels are shipping now. For information on how to purchase in North America call Amina America at 866.462.6462.

Media Contacts: Muto Communications, Paul Muto paul@mutocomm.com, +1.631.849.4301 and Paul Fredrickson, fredrickson@mutocomm.com, +1.781.308.2301

About Amina Technologies
UK-based invisible speaker design and manufacturer Amina Technologies has built a solid reputation for the design and manufacture of high-performance panel-based loudspeaker technology rendered completely invisible in application by decorating over. The product is used world-wide in the very best residential, marine and commercial properties. Whilst the company has been developing its ‘invisible speakers’ for over 20-years, the category is now widely recognized as having real significance in the future of smart homes, where aesthetics is just as important as technology. www.aminatechnologies.com Click on any of these active links to check out our pages on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube
Amina Technologies Ltd, Cirrus House, Glebe Road, Huntingdon, Cambs, UK, PE29 7DL. Telephone 00 44 1480 354390