Since 2003 IntegrationPros has been the social network for professionals in the systems integration and custom installation industry... if that's you, get started by creating an account.

IP Ads

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Delphi XM signal repeater info

Just in case you ever come across a situation where there is absolutely no way to run any wire. This will repeat the signal approx. 75 ft. I have never used it myself but it's interesting! Supposedly it can broadcast the signal to multiple XM receivers.

http://shopdelphi.com/consumers/satr...ails/features/

Full Time Member
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 4/2
    Given: 0/0

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: XM Repeater

This is a cool piece, dunno why they didn't release it about 5 years ago.

You need a good antenna feed to the repeater unit. Then each XM receiver you want to feed from it needs the "repeater antenna" which is not a regular XM antenna. One comes with the kit and others are available seperately.

You must have a receiver that you can connect an antenna to, as it appears to me that the repeater is "crossbanding" the signal, hence the different antenna. So, don't think that this type of unit will allow you to use your Mi-Fi without the base in your workout room or something similar.

Overall, the product works good, I have 2 customers with them and both like them alot.

Brad

Thread Information