Since 2003 IntegrationPros has been the social network for professionals in the systems integration and custom installation industry... if that's you, get started by creating an account.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Junior Member Take it easy on me, I'm new here
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: HD video distribution over the data network

Quote Originally Posted by Where_oh_Where
    I am interested in more information. Is there a way to outfit existing buildings with new IP "boxes" to handle content for digital signage or media streamers? How about adding high speed internet to an existing apartment building based on only coax drops to the apartments.

This would be an alternative to wireless internet and more secure.
    Certainly. These are a few of the vertical market segments really prime for this type of solution. The key limiting factor to consider is a MoCA network can only support up to 16 nodes. In most applications I've seen, that doesn't seem to be a big deal as most large environments have multiple Coax networks.

MoCA has no problem handling the performance / reliability requirements of digital signage.

Full Time Member
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Given: 2/0

Distributing analog Audio or Video signal over data network is highly un-efficient usage of the network.
    Rather than distributing the AV signal, a more efficient way is to distribute the digital content as a file and then decode the file at the client's end.

To this extend,Windows Media Center and Media Center Extenders works perfectly, capable of "streaming" full HD up to 4 concurrent clients per single Media Center. This includes live HD TV streams from up to 6 tuners.
    Eyal kattan
    Media Nexus Inc

Junior Member Take it easy on me, I'm new here
    Thumbs Up/Down

If you're using media centers and media extenders MoCA Ethernet over coax is an excellent transport that eliminates the challenges commonly associates with wireless.

Part Time Member
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 7/0

FYI, the recently launched Just Add Power HDMI over IP devices do what the OP and other members have desired - distribute HD content over a standard Ethernet IP network infrastructure. The HDMI over IP Right Sized Matrix solution supports up to 200 output nodes and practically any number of inputs. We will be demonstrating the system at CEDIA next week.
    Ed Qualls
    Just Add Power
    ed@justaddpower.com

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information