Since 2003 IntegrationPros has been the social network for professionals in the systems integration and custom installation industry... if that's you, get started by creating an account.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: Netstreams & large homes

Quote Originally Posted by AudibleSolutions
    Only this dick does need to find an other home.

Alan
    Now I'm a dick Is this because I ask you for a little advice over email and now I'm supposed to kiss your ass? My "thanks" in the reply was not enough for you? You want me to leave because I openly discuss what's on my mind and share my personal experiences candidly with everybody? You don't agree, start the personal attacks and name calling and you want ME to leave?

What do you have invested in Netstreams? Does my candidness threaten you in some way? Why on earth are you using Netstreams if you conceed the amps suck? Surely with your extensive programming knowledge and expertise you could put together a Crestron system that would smoke Netstreams no?

Why don't you grow up and attempt to have an adult discussion without the personal attacks and name calling. Unreal.
    -Yageshamesh

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by ACM Home
    We've had a demo Digilinx system in our showroom for about a month now. Personal I think it that for the money there are better options out there.
    I spec'd a:
    10 zone system
    9 Touchlinx
    1 Keylinx
    Speakerlinx 220 amps
    3 Medialinx,
    1iPort,
    1Polk XM tuner
    It was 54k CAN that IMO is way to much money for a DA system that will not control anything but itself.

1.) Slow to respond to comands, ie. going from channel 65 on XM to 81 if I press the channel up button rapidly the system will not change channels
    2.) No custom drivers for RS-232 control
    3.) 12w speakerlinx needs some SQ improvments
    4.) Speakerlinx run HOT
    5.) If you wire it they we they suggest you have a blank wall plate in the room. IMO blank plate look like poop
    Thank you. Exactly one of my points...for 48+K USD you can do A LOT more.
    -Yageshamesh

Sr. Professional Installer

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by Beau
    Now I'm a dick Is this because I ask you for a little advice over email and now I'm supposed to kiss your ass? My "thanks" in the reply was not enough for you? You want me to leave because I openly discuss what's on my mind and share my personal experiences candidly with everybody? You don't agree, start the personal attacks and name calling and you want ME to leave?

What do you have invested in Netstreams? Does my candidness threaten you in some way? Why on earth are you using Netstreams if you conceed the amps suck? Surely with your extensive programming knowledge and expertise you could put together a Crestron system that would smoke Netstreams no?

Why don't you grow up and attempt to have an adult discussion without the personal attacks and name calling. Unreal.
    I have no idea as to what you are referring or what hallucinatory drug you are under the influence. Not only are you a dick but you are a stupid dick. You don't have to kiss my ass but you sure should get your own head out of your own ass. You make uninformed and foolish arguments. I would vote for all fools and idiots to go the way of dinosaurs and the sooner your voice is lost the better for all so far as I am concerned.

Were you to possess the ability to comprehend what you read you might have read my responses to the other more reasoned and reasonable posts in this thread. Have you? You make but one valid point, about the sound quality of a Netstreams system which you exaggerate. You might take Rick's post about issues with tech support as partial support for an other of your claims. Clearly this experience is not shared by all who have dealt with Netstreams had you bothered to read Fred's post.

What is clear is that you lack the ability to think and have serious issues with any kind of reasoning. Is it my job to police stupidity where I find it? Perhaps not. But it sure does tick me off. And you sure have ticked me off. You make absolutely outrageous claims that belie any experience with serious integration of any familiarity with jobs that require custom programming. You make claims about programming fees being outrageous and yet you demonstrate no comprehension of what a programmer does and on top of it you brag about your ignorance. Those who program do not just code. It often includes serious engineering and ultimately it's falls to him to make the system work and make the client happy. You throw out accusations when you ought to look in the mirror and take stock of the foolish vapidity that passes as thinking and the ignorance that passes as intelligence. I'm not the only one who has concluded you are a moron but I am certainly the one who is pursuing your vapid musings wherever I find them. Perhaps it is the same drug induced haze that has you confusing my sentiments here with some private correspondence we may have had. What does this price of fish have to do with the cost of tea in China? I can promise you that I have no idea as to what you are referring or why you would think I would expect any deference for some question you asked or help I did or did not provide privately. You are not the only one who has asked for my help privately and you are free to ask if I ever asked for or expected any sort of deference in return. This is just one more example of why you need to follow your path back to selling cell phones and leave CI to those with the talent, experience and intelligence you clearly lack. Your conclusion is preposterous. You need to check into rehab or you need to look at yourself. You're the same jerk who made factually incorrect statements about Niles and caught the ire of our future predicting brother. I thought he a tad harsh. I now realize that he was correct and it was I who was slow to catch on to the problem.
    Oh my name it is nothin'
    My age it means less
    The country I come from
    Is called the Midwest
    I's taught and brought up there
    The laws to abide
    And that land that I live in
    Has God on its side.

Bob Dylan

Thumbs Up/Down

You have some serious issues man. I hope you can work it out. Maybe put down the bottle and get some sleep.
    -Yageshamesh

Thumbs Up/Down

I can assure you that any issues I have will disappear as soon as you do.

Alan
    Oh my name it is nothin'
    My age it means less
    The country I come from
    Is called the Midwest
    I's taught and brought up there
    The laws to abide
    And that land that I live in
    Has God on its side.

Bob Dylan

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by AudibleSolutions
    I can assure you that any issues I have will disappear as soon as you do.

Alan
    I guess that's bad news for you as I've been here and will remain.

It's not my fault you are not capable of having a discussion without resorting to personal attacks and insults.
    -Yageshamesh

Full Time Member

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by Beau
    Thank you. Exactly one of my points...for 48+K USD you can do A LOT more.
    That being said we are still going to carry the line because when they do get some good sounding digital amps, allow 3rd party drivers, custom GUI's and release some new products (Doorlinx, media server) it will be the line to have.

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by ACM Home
    That being said we are still going to carry the line because when they do get some good sounding digital amps, allow 3rd party drivers, custom GUI's and release some new products (Doorlinx, media server) it will be the line to have.
    Netstreams is a product that you should only be using if you are NOT a Crestron or AMX dealer. Otherwise there is no good reason to use the stuff.

If you are a dealer for either of those products...sell them...their solutions are far more robust.
    -Yageshamesh

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 177/3

As a guy who serviced home electronics to component level since the early 70's, I am sensitive to what heat does to electronics.

We made hay in the 70's on Pioneer receivers that did not heat sink their power supply regulators sufficiently. Resolder overheated joints and it's good to go. We saw Technics receivers that ran blazing hot, and though they worked fine for the average joe out of the box, their lifespan was short.

Heat won't kill your electronics the day you put it in or even any time soon. It will however shorten it's life. Therefore I don't like putting amps in walls or in ceilings, ESPECIALLY in ceilings that happen to be in 140 degree attics.

Alan touched on the heat issue and this is just my angle on it.
    =Tom

"Just what part of 'thou shalt not kill, thou shalt not steal, thou shalt not lie' don't you like??"

Full Time Member
    Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by tomciara
    Heat won't kill your electronics the day you put it in or even any time soon. It will however shorten it's life. Therefore I don't like putting amps in walls or in ceilings, ESPECIALLY in ceilings that happen to be in 140 degree attics.

Alan touched on the heat issue and this is just my angle on it.
    I'm sure you already know this, and please don't think I'm trying to imply anything other then the option suggested, but you don't HAVE to install the amps there, it's an OPTION. You could always buy the rack mounts, which will allow you to put 3 amps in a 3-space (I think) slot.

I personally think their product is a great solution for the 'step-between' customer. I am neither an AMX or Crestron dealer (too small a company, no storefront, probably already locked down in my market), so it works for me and the few clients I've sold it to.

My only comment on the 'argument' that's going on in this thread is this:

These forums are not here for your personal namecalling sessions. Many of us use this arena for information gathering and idea sharing. Opinions are like noses and assholes - everyone has them, and nobody wants to hear them. But since the question was ASKED, then I think we as professional ADULTS can offer them without resorting to the debate skills of 8-year-olds on the playground.

If you MUST piss on each other, please do it elsewhere.

I'll climb down from my soapbox now.

Fred

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information