Since 2003 IntegrationPros has been the social network for professionals in the systems integration and custom installation industry... if that's you, get started by creating an account.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: PS3 integration

Sr. Professional Installer
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 9/0

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: PS3 integration

I installed the schmartz PS1000 and everything went smoothly. The last time I tried a full power cycle the power off macro didn't fully shut it down so I have to look into that but it had worked about eight times in a row before that. Otherwise installation was far easier that expected. Just rack mounted it right next to the RP6 - direct jacked into IR and power off of the DVR USB port. Codes were in Glacks database. Great piece. better production and support than I've gotten from many large manufactures.
    "Pretty simple... you're both wrong and both acting like children... for christ sake just shut up, both of you."

Take it easy on me, I'm new here
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Given: 0/0

well, I wonder what issues (if any) will occur with this new Slim PS3

Junior Member Take it easy on me, I'm new here
    Thumbs Up/Down

From everything I've read the new PS3 Slim will run with the same firmware as the current PS3 model and they will be upgraded and supported together so I don't foresee any issues specific to the new form factor.

The new unit still does not have an IR receiver and since it has just 2 USB ports it looks like the demand for the Bluetooth adapters will be even greater.

Thumbs Up/Down

Installed 3 Slims today ...2 at client & one at my home.
    no real differences...
    - A couple of folders are pre-installed that aren't on my other (80gig).
    - Power and eject are "real" buttons now.
    - Power cord is a small 2 prong cord now, like a cable box.
    - My aftermarket fans don't fit anymore.
    - Only 2 USB

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by remoteshoppe
    From everything I've read the new PS3 Slim will run with the same firmware as the current PS3 model and they will be upgraded and supported together so I don't foresee any issues specific to the new form factor.

The new unit still does not have an IR receiver and since it has just 2 USB ports it looks like the demand for the Bluetooth adapters will be even greater.
    That's a shame. Was hoping they would finally add an IR receiver with the latest refresh. Oh well.
    Joe Zoz

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by EclipseHA View Post
    There are a number of IR to bluetooth devices out there sepcifically made for the PS3, but most of them don't support the power button. Do a search for PS3 IR to BT and you'll find a lot of them, just do your homework or you'll be explaining to the customer that, "Yes Mr. Customer, you push this button and everything will turn on, er, but then you have to get up and physically turn on the PS3." I know it won't sound like that oer se, but you get my drift. I hate telling customers it works like this but... Just get confusing. Also, the latest firmware for the PS3 is 2.7. Everytime they upgrade the firmware, there is almost always some sort of BlueRay update included so you want to ensure that the customer knows this and stays on top of the updates. And one more thing, as for the audio out, like already stated, when you set up for HDMI the PS3 usually will change your audio settings to HDMI. All you have to do is go into your audio settings and change that to Digital Optical. Its that simple. If you have anymore questions, fell free to let me know, I love the PS3!!!!
    The PS3 is getting popular as streaming starts to become a very popular customer request. It doesnt help that this Bluray is one of the better ones on the market as well as far as speed and features go. I have great sucess with the Schmartz PS3-100. Not only does it have all 58 commands (include discrete on/off macros), but comes iwth a USB connection to power sense AND to install software updates. It's a bit pricier than most, but it's not going to be obsolete anytime soon as long as Sony keeps making this device bluetooth.

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by Darren View Post
    I have my first Sony PlayStation 3 install this Friday any suggestions or comments about your PS3 integrations?

PS3 system will be connected via HDMI to Samsung 1080p DLP. TosLink audio to HK AVR 445. System control of other devices with RTI T2C and RP6.

Just found out the PS3 is wireless via Bluetooth-also found the PS2 Remote Control work around with USB dongle, etc... but has very limited applications according to a thread at RC.

So how are you setting up your system controllers to handle systems with a PS3 involved?

I am considering adding two buttons one for "PLAY PS3" and another "WATCH BLU-RAY" both in Glass with icons. These macros will switch audio and video to correct inputs... then a page jump instructing client to use PS3 Wireless controller for further opertation... sounds kinda lame to me though.

Go to this website, www.schmartz.com, they have a bluetooth to IR transmitter and all you need is a live USB port to power it. I usually use a satellite or cable USB port, to link it go into the PS3, BD remote under accessories then press start and enter to link it. The PS3 walks you through it pretty well and if your using RTI remotes, all the IR commands are pre-loaded in there software. Or if you have access to the IR from the PS2 they usually work too.

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by jumper27 View Post
    Go to this website, www.schmartz.com, they have a bluetooth to IR transmitter and all you need is a live USB port to power it. I usually use a satellite or cable USB port, to link it go into the PS3, BD remote under accessories then press start and enter to link it. The PS3 walks you through it pretty well and if your using RTI remotes, all the IR commands are pre-loaded in there software. Or if you have access to the IR from the PS2 they usually work too.
    The Schmartz PS3IR1000 is now packaged with the USB AC Adaptor so you don't need to plug it into a usb port on a satellite receiver or cable box.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 62/0
    Given: 6/4

I've used 2 of the AA pieces in the last week, works well and includes power tracking via the USB port to keep your system in sync. The AA piece is actually a rebrand of the www.RE-BL.com unit if you would rather go direct to the source.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 9/0
    Given: 4/0

Quote Originally Posted by jberger View Post
    I've used 2 of the AA pieces in the last week, works well and includes power tracking via the USB port to keep your system in sync. The AA piece is actually a rebrand of the www.RE-BL.com unit if you would rather go direct to the source.
    Did you use these with C4? I used one a couple weeks ago, powering it off an HC200. It took three or four tries, but it did finally work. I programmed the "2" button to repeat for 30seconds, and after plugging/unplugging/sending command/searching for BT....it finally worked.
    Zach Holcomb

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread Information