Since 2003 IntegrationPros has been the social network for professionals in the systems integration and custom installation industry... if that's you, get started by creating an account.

IP Ads

Sr. Professional Installer
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 7/1
    Given: 1/0

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Stealh Acoustics

Anybody have experience with this invisible speakers?
    Pedro Diaz.
    I'm always right. The only time I was wrong was the time that I thought, that I was wrong.

Sr. Professional Installer
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 87/0
    Given: 436/3

I have used Sound Advance on a couple of projects several years ago, but never the Stealth Acoustics. I have not worked for the company who installed them in just about as long so I don't know what they are like in the long term. They went in pretty easy and did not sound to bad for background music. They definitely have and fit a niche. I don't know if I would use them with the demands of a home Theater though.

Have a painter patch, texture and repaint the whole wall to help the patch blend in.

Junior Member Take it easy on me, I'm new here
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0

Stick to Sound Advance

Have a good friend who put in the Stealth Accoustics. I have done jobs with him using Sound Advance and he said there was no comparison. He didn't say they were terrible, but he won't use them again. Incidently, Spec the electronic controller(equalizer) with the Sound Advance. Everytime I didn't, I had to add it later.

Great concept - the invisible speaker. I have also heard rumours of a company doing large panel (up to 8 sq. ft.) invisible speakers out of conneticut or new hampshire that are supposed to be great. Does anyone know the company?

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 11/7
    Given: 9/0

There is another company called solid drive doing invisible stuff as well,
    www.soliddrive.com

We looked into them and looked pretty nice, they go in during prewire and get glued to the back of the sheet rock, and a much smaller area than the SA's and SA's

in a theater app use 1 pr(2 hi's 2 lo's) per front channel and 1 ea(1hi and 1 lo) for the sides and rears

more info on the site

Thread Information